Radical Preaching

Can preaching again have something to say?
This blog marks the attempt to bring the theological vision of Radical Orthodoxy into the worship and preaching of the local church.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Presiding Bishop Frank Griswold, aka My Main Man

From The Episcopal News Service:

“Congress and the President must come together and focus on poverty that exists across the nation, and not exacerbate poverty [by passing] a budget that further impoverishes one group of poor people in order to help those impoverished or further impoverished by the hurricanes,” said Griswold. “Nothing could be clearer in the Gospel than Jesus’ identification with the poor. ‘When I was hungry you gave me food. When I was naked you clothed me, sick you cared for me, truly I tell you, what you did for the least of these, you did [it] for me.’ And so for a nation to declare itself under God and neglect the poor in its midst is tantamount in my mind to blasphemy.”

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Presiding Bishop occasionally talks a good game, but it is difficult to distinguish his text from that of most liberal politicians. To borrow a phrase from Pope Benedict XVI, "Love without truth would be blind; truth without love would be like "a clanging cymbal" (I Cor 13: 1)." The PB needs a little truth to go with his love.

October 31, 2005 4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home